Friday, June 19, 2009

10 Days!!!!!!!!!


So I leave in only ten days! I'm definately getting nervous but I'm mostly juat excited. I wasn't feeling well today so I took the opportunity while home alone to pack my suitcase. Now that I'm juat about finished packing this trip is starting to feel more real! : ) What I am most nervous about is the plane ride and getting really bored or uncomfortable. Luckily I should be able to sit next to my boyfriend Erik which makes me feel a lot better. I'm also very nervous about the culture shock, jet lag, and getting homesick. I am bringing my laptop and some DVDs so I can escape back to America if I feel overwhelmed!
We leave for Shanghai at 8:30 AM on the 29th but when we arrive it will be the 30th in the afternoon! In Shanghai I am most looking forward to seeing the Bund and waterways on July 1st and going to the acrobatic performance on the 2nd. On July 3rd we leave for Beijing in the morning. What I am definately most looking forward to in Beijing is seeing the Great Wall. I mean how many people actually get to say they went to the Great Wall of China? I will definately be posting a picture of that on this blog! I am also really excited to visit Tiananmen Square. I did research on that for an assignment for this class so now I'm excited to see it in person. Beijimng is also where we will attend lectures as well as Mandarin Classes... this is something that I am surprisingly excited about... I am interested in seeing how college life is on the other side of the world! Thankfully we aren't being graded in our Mandarin classes because I'm sure its going to be tough.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you already and you haven't even left yet. You are so blessed to be able to enjoy yet another great opportunity of seeing another country. I know you are going to have such a wonderful time!! I look forward to the life long memories that you can bring back to share with all of us.
    Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!
    Enjoy every minute!!!!
    Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete